Use this handy list to get a jump on your home maintenance this spring!
- Check batteries in all smoke and carbon monoxide detectors to make sure they are working properly. Having these safety devices functioning properly will provide you peace of mind.
- Examine air filters to see if they need to be replaced with clean ones.
- Perform a visual inspection of the roof for damages after our winter this year, they will need a good check. Look for raised, cracked, or missing shingles that need replacing before the spring showers hit.
- If you have a wood patio or deck, now is a good time to seal or paint it to protect from the scorching summer sun in the beautiful Okanagan valley!
- Inspect window and door screens, and use a repair kit from your local hardware store to mend any tears you might find
- Hire an inspector to service your heating/cooling system. You want to make sure that no damage occurred during the winter and it will ensure that your cooling is in tip top shape for the hot summer ahead.
- Look for loose or leaky spots on your gutters that need fixing make sure all drain spouts are pointing away from the home as excess water collection can damage its foundation.
Check all of these items off your list so your home is in great shape! Enjoy the sun!